Need FEEDBACK on Changes To Creations On New Site Incoming

Post #1 made on 03/22/17 @ 11:21 am
Hello!

UPDATE 3/24/2017! NEWS NEWS NEWS!!!!!!!! (=* ^ *=)//

Your words were HEARD!!! There will be a discussion about the site tomorrow...I have to free up time in order to do the meeting tomorrow. (Possibly between myself and two new Admins that have not gotten their Admin status yet....and the Designer with one owner.)

It is a back to the drawingboard TIME! : D

THANK YOU ALL for your INPUT! It helps immensely when users know about things and can make their ideas and opinions heard!!!

THANK YOU ALL for this great FEEDBACK!!!

OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #2 made on 03/22/17 @ 5:22 pm
BB, I hope you can keep the site as it is ;-; I don't really care for these changes, I believe in you >v OfflineNormal UserFlightyew22243
Flightyew22243

22 Posts
Post #3 made on 03/22/17 @ 6:55 pm
@Flightyew22243

Thank you very much Flighty for your confidence in me! I will try my best to keep that which is NOT BROKEN...and has been ENJOYED for many years, as it is and SHOULD remain. A FUN site for clicking, creating and collecting!!

(=* ^ *=)b

bb
OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #4 made on 03/22/17 @ 8:05 pm
@bragbrassed, I'm a new collector, but a collector nonetheless! I love having multiple stages, and honestly, I'd rather see some interface changes or overall site layout changes over a complete reworking of how Squiby works. What I mean is, in my opinion, it would be really sad to see the core element of what made (and makes) this site great just disappear in order to add a few new features to, say, the shops or forums. I want to be able to post some adoptables on my Flight Rising dragon's pages, so that my FR friends might end up joining if they check out my dragons (I picked up a few Hannibal themed ones that need to go on my Hannibal dragon's page!). I love the cool stage freezing thing that allows me to have adult and intermediate stages on display in my collections, too.

Overall, I just think these changes alter the INTENT of Squiby, as well as changing the dynamics of the site. Now, that's not to say we couldn't adapt, but I think this site is special because it has this artist-centered approach to click-based adoptable sites. And also, the other click-based adopt sites I play all allow stage freezing? I think that's rather common amongst these sites.

I just see it being an issue, especially since old pets, like the 35,886 in your collection, could get totally messed up by the new changes. And it'd be awfull if all of our collections didn't even transfer over.

I believe in you, too, though! If you need anything from us as users, just let us know, but I'm really hoping we don't have to lose the core mechanics of Squiby just in order to update to a new site.
OfflineNormal UserCorvid
Corvid

6 Posts
Post #5 made on 03/22/17 @ 10:20 pm
@Corvid

Darling you wrapped up my same thoughts very NEATLY there! : D I am in total agreement. Now to get my points across...since this change hopefully can get CHANGED before it ruins a ton of collections. I will make my thoughts known...but I can not promise that they will bring over this site's pets/creations or even forums how it is. Since it is up to them if they want to change Squiby to being a site that we don't recognize..it is what it will be. I am very thankful for your faith in me!

As of right now I was not able to get my answer this night. But I typed a long message but they were gone from the chat by the time I finished typing lol! X''D So I sent a copy of chat in a message. (Good gravy I made such a long message lol!) X''D But I think I tried my best to get the main point of how the pets need to transfer over as they are. Which means the clicking needs to remain the same. We shall see if all of our collections are going to just end up evolving to last level and that will be all we have...singular image per pet. (Crossing my fingers it will not got that route that is so not Squiby.)

bb

OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #6 made on 03/22/17 @ 10:24 pm
I need to add this here from my sweet friend...to show I am getting feedback --> (From my profile and copying and pasting here for feedback reason.) -->

"Hi, Darling, your latest announcement makes me really sad...*sigh*. As a all Level-collector this decision is a 'no go' for me.
I'm a member since the first days and I always hoped there would be some changing. This is not what I wanted.:(
I feel sorry for you. You always gave your heart and soul to this site *hugs you tightly*
I hope the new owners find another solution.
Much Love and Kissee for you <333333333" - Nahntara

@Nahntara

THANK YOU so much for your hugs and kisses! : D I need them now more than ever! X )

bb
OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #7 made on 03/23/17 @ 9:30 am
I have updated the first post...updates at bottom of it.***** OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #8 made on 03/23/17 @ 10:24 am
No, no no no no and again... just no.

I have a quite large collection of stage freezes and multi-picture adopts. I seriously will quit Squiby if I lose it all.

Not to mention how this new site would break the core of our beloved adoption site. Squiby was/is all about the harmony between the individuals and the community. As individuals, we had the choice about what we adopted, how many we wanted, what stages we wanted, what artworks we wanted to show off. We could create our own little gallery, our own personal little world. In the mean time, the community helped us achieve our goals by helping us with the clicks.

Making the pet adoptions community-based is a very bad move and will not solve the activity problems. What would solve it? Simply the removal of unlimited clicks. There ya go. No need to ruin Squiby and the community will get back its true role.

If the multiple adoptions, the stage freezes, the individual clicks and stage development and multi-picture adopts, naming of adopts, limited adopts will be taken away and our current collections will be reset and messed up.... Then I will delete all my pets and creations and will leave this site.

This wasnt what I registered here for.

I do hope you can stop this nonsense.
OfflineNormal UserConvel
Convel

145 Posts
Post #9 made on 03/23/17 @ 10:52 am
@Convel

Hi Convel! : D Well I am doing my best to make the case for a second time this morning in an email to the Main owner and the Designer that both developed this idea and want to implement it. I am 100% against this myself...I will not give up...believe me...I am in this for ALL OF YOU wonderful people that I have met on HERE over the 7 to 8 years that I have non-stop BEEN here!
(+* ^ *+)b *FIGHTING POSE ACTIVATED!*

I will FIGHT to have SQUIBY STAY the great clicking, collecting, roleplaying etc...site that it has BEEN!
(=* ^ *=)b There isn't a snowballs chance in a VERY HOT PLACE that I want this site to change the fundamental REASON we all FOUND it and CAME HERE! >: D

I WILL DO MY BEST DARLING! : D
OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #10 made on 03/24/17 @ 8:42 am
Please keep the site the same as it is today. I don't want it to change. ;-; OfflineGold memberAORIMARU
AORIMARU

26 Posts
Post #11 made on 03/24/17 @ 9:33 am
Just saw your last update.
Does this mean the new owners are actually considering keeping Squiby the way it is?
I mean, sure, change some stuff but the very core of Squiby should stay the same.
Does this mean we can still have our own personal collections? What about multi-picture pets? What about freezing stages?

I wouldnt mind if 1 click/pet/day came back, so we would need to be more active and post our pets everywhere. That would help the site a ton. I know it probably seems to them that Squiby was dying because people didnt love it anymore or because people lost interest in it, hence why they wanted to change it so much. It could seem like that. But truth is, with the infinite clicks, there was simply no reason to stay on the website for too long once we adopted stuff because we could level them so fast ourselves. So making leveling and clicking a community effort -not the way they planned to of course- would be a good thing and would help most with the activity. Changing Squiby's core mechanics would only scare people away. Especially those with massive collections.

What else might help would be a small quality control when it comes to creations. It is a nice touch to let everyone make their own adoptables but some of these are really... well... how should I put it... clearly not worked on and were made for the sake of submitting something. The good quality adoptables are so hard to find among the scribbles. What is good quality, though? I dont mean artworks made just by pro artists. But any adoptable that was clearly made with effort. Not just 2 seconds scribbles.

All in all, a small quality control at submissions would help the adoptable quality and so might get more people to join and stay enough to marvel in what they adopted.

God, I have so many suggestions, I cant even...

Dont misunderstand my previous post. I think the community pet thing is interesting. For a separate and different adoptable site. But not for Squiby. If the owners really want a community adoption thing,they can always make a different adoptable site for that. But Squiby should stay Squiby. The Squiby we love so much.
OfflineNormal UserConvel
Convel

145 Posts
Post #12 made on 03/24/17 @ 3:46 pm
POST UPDATED at top! The plans have changed! More than likely we will keep the current adoption/creation/collecting FORMAT!!! : D OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #13 made on 03/24/17 @ 4:46 pm
@Flightyew22243 @Corvid @ @Convel

All of you were heard! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, you could say you were the convincers lol! : D Squiby's Saviors!!!!
(=* ^ *=)b

Thank you!!!
BB : D
OfflineAdminbragbrassed
bragbrassed

802 Posts
Post #14 made on 03/25/17 @ 4:36 pm
Woohoo! :D *rushes to the amino to scream the news* OfflineNormal UserFlightyew22243
Flightyew22243

22 Posts
Post #15 made on 03/25/17 @ 5:48 pm
Awww yeah! OfflineNormal UserConvel
Convel

145 Posts
Post #16 made on 03/26/17 @ 8:14 am
Yay!!!! :D OfflineGold memberAORIMARU
AORIMARU

26 Posts
Post #17 made on 03/27/17 @ 8:32 am
*dances* Glad I could help! ^_^ OfflineNormal UserCorvid
Corvid

6 Posts
Post #18 made on 03/31/17 @ 6:38 pm
Yay! OfflineNormal UserCorgi_osis
Corgi_osis

11 Posts
Post #19 made on 04/01/17 @ 12:44 pm
Glad we're still working on it, i thought the owner gave up, LOL.
I couldn't reach the new url for nothing x_x
OfflineGold memberkurosukei
kurosukei

2844 Posts
Post #20 made on 05/05/17 @ 4:22 pm
When is the actual site going to come out? You guys keep promising dates ever since months ago and say "yea for sure this time!!" but it never actually happens.

It would be great to not give false hopes to people. Not even approximations.

Please promise release dates when you are actually sure of it... Hope this is not too offtopic.
OfflineNormal UserM0N0KR0MAE
M0N0KR0MAE

3 Posts

Post a Reply

This topic is locked!

Press Esc to close