The Site Looks Dead...

Post #1 made on 10/21/16 @ 6:45 pm
I've just noticed something, for the past few days I've been checking the forums again and again yet nobody has replied to my post on the Games section. Maybe people are busy or they just don't want to do it but it made me wondering. I'm not saying that you should post there or anything.

Yes, I am aware of what happened to Squiby. But I just want to ask the other users how the site is today.

;; i suck at posting these...

OfflineNormal Userkanakopyon
kanakopyon

29 Posts
Post #2 made on 10/21/16 @ 10:41 pm
I believe this site is dead, not completely, but people don't go on here has much. Unlike me I am on everyday. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #3 made on 10/22/16 @ 8:09 pm
@PoisonWolf

I haven't experienced Squiby before but I heard it was fun. Man that really is sad that people don't come here from time to time again like before. (I'm saying before because of the first sentence)

Nowadays I keep on checking the users online and it's only around 10-30 out of THOUSANDS of registered users. Poor site ;;
kanakopyon

29 Posts
Post #4 made on 10/23/16 @ 1:29 pm
Pssst, I'll let you in on a little secret.

A long long time ago, this site used to be super active, that's when all these hundreds of thousands of members used to post and be active. We had lots of talented artists creating adoptable, the forums were insanely active, and it was great. And then the site went through a series of crashes causing it to go offline for up to a month at a time. This really drove a lot of people away, but even through that, some people stayed.

And then came the news that Squiby would be shutting down. The former owner is Keith, who still runs Subeta, a site that shares a limited number of similarities. Fortunately, the site was bought over, but at this point, Squiby's userbase had mostly vanished because of frustration from the site being offline for long periods at a time. The site has since been revamped a few times, the whole currency and username badges are relatively new features. A series of poor decisions happened and still more people left. This is pretty much the Squiby you see today. I'm not trying to start anything, but I can't see Squiby returning to its former glory. It's simply not attracting the amount of people it used to.
OfflineNormal Userfiretiger3
firetiger3

2460 Posts
Post #5 made on 10/23/16 @ 7:05 pm
Poor site-starts crying- so sad, so very sad. I remember when people were on everyday, the only reason I stoped going on here was because my dad caught me going on it during school.I was obsessed with this site and still am that I would go on it every second of everyday, I am not joking. Even though I was off for a year,I thought about this site everyday, waiting for a chance to come back to it. And now all the friends I have made left -starts crying again- it's so sad. But still I will all ways love this site, and will check it everyday to see If anyone will rp with me (I AM OBSESSED WITH RPING HELP ME xD) anyways, this site has helped me a lot with my lack of friends lol. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #6 made on 10/24/16 @ 8:00 am
@firetiger3

Geez, I was only aware of the reason why @elen89 left. But that's sad, really. For a site that looks fun and exciting got boring and drove people away because it's always offline. I only found this site because I randomly searched for adoptable sites. (ehhh I actually had another account on the site believe it or not. I just don't use it anymore because I feel like starting a new would be nice for a change)

((BUT HEY, I wasn't planning on using both of these accounts so please don't krill me))

BUT I can agree with you about Squiby never coming back to it's former glory (unless something miraculous happens) after what has happened. -cries along with poisonwolf- Poor site, poor site ;;

@PoisonWolf

Hehe school. I'm sorry for your loss of friends. Wouldn't it be nice if one of your friends went online one final time to greet you? I know it would for me. You're obsessed with RPs? Please teach me. <.<;; I don't know how to do it properly (I mean I know that in RPs you have to make as many sentences you can and understand the story but- I need more information bruh!)

(;; hint: I'm actually one of those friends you've made lolol hello it's been a long time)
(;; hinthint: You commented on my old profile and you were the last one to do it. I can't even remember the times we've spent sooo sorry xD)
kanakopyon

29 Posts
Post #7 made on 10/24/16 @ 10:01 pm
Well we can do a rp if you want and I can try to teach you.WAIT WHAT WAS YOUR USERNAME TELL ME GOD DAMN IT, lol sorry I just freaked out a little there. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #8 made on 10/25/16 @ 7:04 am
@PoisonWolf

1 on 1 lol I'll probably suck at it.

(I can't remember much but ;; we are forum games friends. I guess. You just became my fan lolol that's all I remember.)
kanakopyon

29 Posts
Post #9 made on 10/26/16 @ 12:09 am
Ok xD. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #10 made on 10/27/16 @ 4:03 pm
Yes.
It's dead.
Rip.
Dead.
I wonder what the 20+ online users do, stare at the screen all day while mute? And, the garbage 600,000+ accounts there for no reason?
Yeah, it's pretty dead, most likely will probably be alive again by 2017?
OfflineGold memberkurosukei
kurosukei

2844 Posts
Post #11 made on 10/27/16 @ 5:05 pm
Lol I know right, I mean what do those people do all day just stare at there screens just pressing the enter button every second. Or, they may just poke there computers or whatever there using a bunch of times then get bored and log out. Anyways I hope it becomes not dead. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #12 made on 10/27/16 @ 6:28 pm
o3o
I working for a new layout for my adopt and request forum so it´s pretty again. I also have a few new ones that I want upload next month. So.. yeah... that´s why I am online on squiby. I try it out how it look and if it´s maybe to big or to small. *work work work*

Beside that... I click adopts and see if there are new nice ones. That is most of the time I do here. I am not a rp fan here, not that I didn´t do it, but I hate it that other people that are not part of it can read everything.

That´s what I do here since a few days.
OfflineNormal UserJureko
Jureko

289 Posts
Post #13 made on 11/13/16 @ 7:15 pm
I think i accidentaly logged on this site lol

I joined when i was a child this site was so active lol

Rip squiby.
OfflineNormal UserAschSerah
AschSerah

1 Posts
Post #14 made on 11/27/16 @ 2:44 am
I joined. At a bad time. While it's dead. Anyone mind walking me through the site? I'd love to spread word to my pals! OfflineGold memberMH_Friend
MH_Friend

40 Posts
Post #15 made on 11/27/16 @ 9:23 pm
I am not very good at walking people through things, but I hope some of your friends join that would just be lovely. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #16 made on 11/27/16 @ 9:36 pm
@PoisonWolf

I'll spread the word!

Kurosuke already walked me through, and the features I have found excite me! I look forward to creating a (Can't think of a better word) relationship with the community here!
OfflineGold memberMH_Friend
MH_Friend

40 Posts
Post #17 made on 11/27/16 @ 9:39 pm
Lol cool, hope we can be great friends :D. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #18 made on 11/27/16 @ 10:02 pm
@PoisonWolf

Same to you!
Also, Enjoy the level boost for Red!
OfflineGold memberMH_Friend
MH_Friend

40 Posts
Post #19 made on 11/27/16 @ 10:39 pm
Thanks so much. OfflineNormal UserPoisonWolf
PoisonWolf

500 Posts
Post #20 made on 12/03/16 @ 8:32 pm
Anyone remember when Squiby had that Halloween adoptable search event?

It thought it was a great idea, and really fun to participate in. I hope that kind of event returns in the future..

OfflineNormal Userburnt
burnt

6 Posts

Post a Reply

This topic is locked!

Press Esc to close